Lawson WEB Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Article 1 (Definitions)
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
- "Member" shall mean an individual who upon consenting to these Terms and Conditions registers as a Lawson WEB member through the prescribed method;
- "Group" shall mean the Lawson Group comprised of Lawson, Inc. (hereinafter, the "Company") ,and Consolidated subsidiaries and affiliates accounted by the equity method described in the Company's annual securities reports (Including, but not limited to the companies listed at the end hereof.);
- "Services" shall mean "LAWSON Net Shopping LOPPI", "LAWSON HOT STATION L-PACA", "HMV MALL", "SMART KITCHEN" and other various services provided to Members by the Group on the various websites administered and operated by the Group and at the stores and the like operated by Lawson Entertainment, inc (hereinafter, collectively "Group Sites") ;
- "Transactions" shall mean shopping, ticket reservations, entering into draws for prizes and other various actions taken by a Member using the Group Sites;
- "Service Providers" shall mean the parties providing goods and services that are the subject of a Transaction, and shall include the shops and the like registered on LOPPI and other Group Sites;
- "Member Information" shall mean Identifying information related to a Member disclosed by a Member to Group companies and the information on a Member's Transaction history and the like (including the information collected under Article 12).
- Article 2 (Lawson WEB Member)
- Members shall be entitled to use various Services on the Group Sites in accordance with the conditions prescribed by the Group; provided, however, that there may be instances where registration will be required for matters separately prescribed by Group companies.
- Members shall not be entitled to transfer, loan, sublease, provide as collateral or otherwise dispose of, in any manner, their status as Members and any of the rights obtained from the Group through their use of the Services.
- Article 3 (Terms and Conditions)
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Members and must be complied with by Members during and after registration.
- Article 4 (Member Registration Procedures)
Individuals who have agreed to these Terms and Conditions and completed the prescribed enrollment application shall become Members upon completion of the prescribed registration procedures. The Member registration procedures are to be completed by the individual applying for membership. Registration made by a different individual is not allowed. Membership applications will not be accepted from persons who have had their membership cancelled in the past, or from those persons deemed unfit for membership by the Company.
- Input of Member Information
When completing the Member registration procedures, please read the instructions carefully and enter the required items in the prescribed input form accurately. Members shall be able to enroll in the "Ponta" shared points program provided by Loyalty Marketing, Inc. in accordance with the "Ponta Terms and Conditions of Use" prescribed by that same company, in the process of or after completing the Member registration. If Member’s enrollment in “Ponta” is not completed, Members shall not be eligible to receive those Services that require that enrollment.
- Article 5 (Management of User ID and Password)
Each Member should change their user ID and password on a regular basis so that they do not become known to others and otherwise be responsible for managing their user ID and password. Use will be deemed to be use by a Member when the user ID and password entered are verified by the prescribed method as matching the registered user ID and password, and the Group shall not be liable for any damage arising from use by a person other than the Member arising from the theft or unauthorized use of the ID and password or other circumstances.
- Article 6 (Modification of Registration Information)
Members should promptly change their registration whenever changes occur to their registered information. The Group shall not be liable for any damage arising from the failure to modify Member registration. Transactions processed before a change of registration will be conducted based on the unmodified registration information, even after a change of registration. Members should directly contact the Service Providers in the event they need to provide notice to the Service Providers concerning the content of the change to their registration information for these Transactions.
- Article 7 (Membership Cancellation)
Members wishing to cancel their membership should delete their Member information. A Member's withdrawal will be effective upon the completion of the prescribed withdrawal procedures.
- Article 8 (Transactions on Lawson WEB Member Group Sites)
Transactions with Service Providers conducted by a Member through the Group's server shall be considered direct Transactions between the Member and the Service Provider. Group companies shall not be parties to Transactions and shall not bear any liability in connection with Transactions unless they are the Service Provider for the relevant Transaction. Accordingly, any problems arising in connection with Transactions shall be resolved by and between the Member and the Service Provider.
- Article 9 (Ponta Points)
- The Group and Service Providers will grant Members Ponta points when engaging in Transactions using the Services based on the amount of the Transaction. Ponta points shall be awarded based on the Ponta Membership Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions prescribed by each Service Provider for each individual Transaction. The terms and conditions for Ponta points for each individual Transaction shall be as prescribed in the "Point Guide for Various Services."
- Unless otherwise provided on the Group Sites, Ponta points shall be awarded at the time of completing the Transactions. If a Member cancels the Transaction after completing, or if the Transactions do not close due to the circumstances of Member, the Ponta points awarded shall be subtracted.
- Ponta points shall be awarded only to Members who comply with campaign conditions and complete the Transaction. If a Member cancels the Transaction after completing, or if the Transactions do not close due to the circumstances of Member, the Ponta points shall not be awarded to the Member.
- If a Member cancels the Transactions or returns goods after the granting of usual points or the campaign points, the Ponta points awarded shall be subtracted. Depending on the timing of the subtraction, please note that the Group shall have the option to claim the Member's Ponta points back.
- Each provision of the previous clauses in this Article 9 shall not apply to the Members not registering in the common point program "Ponta" based on the Article 4.2.
- Article 10 (Group Disclaimer)
- Members should contact the relevant Service Provider directly concerning matters related to that Service Provider, the details of Transactions with the Service Provider, goods offered by the Service Provider, the details of Services of the Service Provider, the details of webpage statements and webpage content of the Service Provider, the Service Provider's handling of personal information and the like. The Group makes no warranties concerning the authenticity, accuracy, recency, usefulness, reliability, legality, non-infringement on third party rights and the like of the details related thereto.
- The Group shall not be liable for any damage caused by the suspension, delay or discontinuation of the system, or loss of data caused by communication lines or computer failures and the like, unauthorized access to data, or other damages suffered by Members in connection with the Group's Services except in case of the Group's willful or gross negligence.
- The Group does not warrant that the e-mail and content sent from the Group's webpage server domain and the like are free of computer viruses or other malicious matter.
- The Group shall provide Members and Service Providers with information and advice as needed, but shall not be liable therefor.
- The Group shall not be liable for any damage suffered due to a Member's breach of these Terms and Conditions, Etc.
- Article 11 (Prohibited Matters)
When using the Services, Members are prohibited from engaging in the actions set forth in the following items:
- Harming the rights, interests, or reputation and the like of the Group, Service Providers and other third parties;
- Engaging in actions which may have an adverse psychological or physical effect on minors, or actions which are contrary to public order and morals;
- Engaging in actions which aggravate or offend other users and other third parties;
- Entering false information;
- Transmitting or posting malicious computer programs, e-mail or the like;
- Improperly accessing the Group's server or other computers; or
- Loaning or assigning to a third party, or sharing with a third party,a Member's user ID and password
- Article 12 (Acquisition and Use of Attribute Data and User History)
The Company utilizes the statistical attribute information and the visitor behavioral histories within The Group (including Lawson Entertainment, Inc.) for sending behavioral targeting advertising and e-mails to Members or marketing and so on and so forth.
The Members shall contact to a personal information desk about the statistical attribute information or device terminal information and acquisition of the visitor behavioral histories on the website, or, shall contact to the personal information desk for discontinuing The Group handling such information.
- Article 13 (Handling of Member Information)
[ LAWSON ]
[ Lawson Entertainment, Inc. ]
[ Lawson Travel,Inc. ]
The Group shall share the personal information of Members with the Group companies to the extent required in order to provide Services to Members and otherwise achieve the purpose of use in accordance with the provisions of the following, .
- The personal information to be shared will be the items that the Member is required to enter in the prescribed input form in accordance with the provisions of Article 4 (Member Registration Procedures), Paragraph 2 (Input of Member Information).
- The parties sharing the information shall be the Group companies.
- Execution of the sales contract concluded with a Members, such as a delivery of the goods which Member ordered at the Group Sites.
- Payment of the goods and services which a Member ordered at the Group Sites, and the after-service.
- Response to the inquiries from Members on the products and services which the Member ordered at the Group Sites, and the campaigns.
- Provision to the service providers in the case that Members made a request to trade for the service providers in the Group Sites.
- Sending the documents to Members on request.
- Provision of input support function to Members when the Group requires Members to input the personal information on the Group Sites.
- Sending e-mails to Members who desire e-mail on the mail-magazines and campaign information from the Group.
- Improvement of the products, the services, and the website's contents provided on the Group Sites to satisfy Members.
- Observation the usage of the Group sites, and to help the development of new services and improvement of services.
- Delivery of the information on the products and the services provided on the Group Sites for Members by means of e-mail, telephone, flyers.
- Delivery of periodicals, events, campaigns, various services for Members.
- Management and operation of the events and campaigns which the Group carries out, such as the notification to the winner, or sending the prize.
- Recommendation of the products and services which the Group provides to Members by means of telephone, e-mail, distribution of leaflets.
- Research and analyze the usage of Members, and publish the personal information that is collected by questionnaire and treated statistically, as the survey results.
- Refuse Members that can be reasonably determined to use the Group Sites inaccurately.
- Detect and prevent the misuse of the Group sites, fraud, other illegal activities in the use of products and services.
- Corresponding to the matters the members have requested or consented individually.
- Others, the purpose is clear for members (including third party provided by the opt-out system).
In the event a Member books, purchases goods or services from a Service Provider, enters to win prizes, or submits a request for other Transactions, the Group, to the extent required in that Transaction, shall provide the Member's personal information to the Service Provider. Personal information provided in this manner shall be managed by the Service Provider, and the Service Provider shall use the personal information (excluding the address information for others specified by the Member) to carry out the Transactions, provide information to Members after the Transactions by e-mail magazines or the like, and analyze the Member's purchases to improve the Service Provider's business operations. The Group obligates Service Providers to comply with the laws, statues and the like related to the protection of personal information and handle Member personal information in compliance with the law in accordance with the provisions of terms and conditions, etc., but does not warrant compliance therewith by the Service Providers.
- The personal information matters provided to Service Providers by the Group shall be the matters entered in the prescribed input form in accordance with the provisions of Article 4 (Member Registration Procedures), Paragraph 2 (Input of Member Information).
- The personal information shall be provided via a system managed by the Group, CD-ROM, other electronic media, document, and other non-electronic media.
- Article 14 (Use of Services)
Members must consent to the terms and conditions of use of each Service before using such Service.
- Article 15 (Suspension and Discontinuation of Services)
The Group shall be entitled to discontinue or suspend the provision of any or all Services, or take other necessary measures, without any advance notice, when conducting regular or emergency system maintenance to keep the Services in a good operating condition at all times, when the system is overloaded, when the Group has determined that there will be a disruption to the administration of Services, when required to protect the security of Members, and when otherwise deemed necessary. In such instances, the Group shall not be liable for any damage suffered by Members.
- Article 16 (Suspension of Use by Certain Members and Cancellation of Membership)
The Group shall be entitled to change a Member's user ID and password, or cancel a Member's membership when it finds that any of the following items apply to a Member. The Group shall not be liable for any damage suffered by the Member as the result thereof:
- In the event a Member has acted in violation or breach of laws, ordinances or the Terms and Conditions, Etc.;
- In the event a Member has engaged in improper actions with regard to the use of the Services;
- In the event a password is mistakenly entered more than a predetermined number of times, or as otherwise necessary to protect Member security;
- When otherwise deemed to be appropriate by the Company.
- In addition to the preceding paragraph, in the event a Member logs in a predetermined number of times over the course of a fixed time period established by the Company, the Company shall be entitled to change the corresponding Member's user ID and password or cancel its membership without any advance notice.
- Article 17 (Modification and Discontinuation of Services)
The Group may modify or discontinue any or all the Services at its sole discretion.
- Article 18 (Amendment of these Terms and Conditions)
The Group may amend these Terms and Conditions at its discretion. In addition, the Group companies may establish terms and conditions to supplement these Terms and Conditions (hereinafter, "Supplemental Terms and Conditions"). The amendment or supplementation of these Terms and Conditions shall take effect when the amended Terms and Conditions or the Supplemental Terms and Conditions are posted on the Group's prescribed site. In such event, Members shall comply with the amended Terms and Conditions and Supplemental Terms and Conditions.
- Article 19 (Governing Law and Agreed Jurisdiction)
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. In the event a need for litigation arises with respect to these Terms and Conditions, the Tokyo District Court shall be the court of first instance with exclusive jurisdiction.
Partially revised on September 1st, 2016
- Lawson, Inc.
- Lawson Entertainment, Inc.
- Lawson ATM Networks, Inc.
- Lawson Store100,Inc.
- Lawson Okinawa Inc.
- Lawson Travel, Inc.