(hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) through HMV stores and internet websites
(internet websites with URL starting from http://www.hmv.co.jp/ or http://m.hmv.co.jp/).
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- The Company will comply with laws and regulations governing the protection of personal information and all related regulations,
- Acquisition of personal information
- When acquiring personal information from customers, the Company will clearly state the purposes for which this information will be used, will acquire it using fair and legitimate methods, and will seek to acquire only such information as is necessary to conduct the Company’s business.
- For information on the purposes for which the Company uses personal information, please refer to the Public Notice concerning Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as "Public Notice").
- Management and use of personal information
- The Company will maintain appropriate and accurate management of the personal information it has acquired from customers,
and will not handle said personal information in any way that lies outside the range of the purposes clearly stated to customers.
- In order to provide customers with better service, the Company may share personal information with third parties such as affiliated group companies and business partners. (For more details on such joint usage, please refer to the Public Notice.)
- Supplying personal information to third parties
- The Company will not supply customers’ personal information to any third parties, except in the cases described below.
If the Company provides personal information to a third party due to one of the following circumstances, the Company will require the information to be controlled appropriately so as to prevent it being leaked or supplied to yet another third party without customers’ consent:
- (1) The Company has already received customer consent to supply the information to a third party
- (2) In cases related to the “opt-out” system – (article 23  of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information) (for more information on the opt-out system, please refer to the Public Notice.)
- (3) Sharing of information with affiliated group companies or business partners. (For more information on sharing information, please refer to the Public Notice.)
- (4) When the information is necessary in order to protect human life, health or property, and it is not possible to obtain customer consent beforehand
- (5) When the information is necessary in order to protect public health or the healthy growth of children, and it is not possible to obtain customer consent beforehand
- (6) When it is necessary to cooperate with official work required by law and being conducted by national or regional governmental or public bodies, or by contractors carrying out work ordered by such bodies, and obtaining customer consent would constitute interference with said official work
- (7) When otherwise required by law
- Entrusting of personal information to outside parties
- The Company may entrust the handling of personal information to outside parties in order to provide customers with better service.
In such cases, the Company will select only outside parties that meet proper standards for handling personal information, and will instruct and oversee said third parties to ensure appropriate management and protection of personal information.
- Procedures regarding disclosure, correction, deletion, etc.
- The Company has established appropriate regulations governing secure management of personal information, and to prevent the leakage, loss or defamatory use of personal information, and ensure that executives and all other staff of the Company are aware of, and thoroughly adhere to said regulations, as well as performing timely audits to ascertain the status of compliance.
- Inquiries regarding personal information
- For inquiries related to the handling of personal information, please contact Customer Service.
(For details on Customer Service, please refer to the Public Notice.)
LAWSON HMV Entertainment, inc.
11-2, Osaki 1-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo