The Lawson Group recognizes that the protection of personal information is one of our responsibilities to society. Based on this recognition, the Group has formulated and implemented its personal information protection policy as follows:
- 1.We Acquire, Use, Provide, and Entrust the Management of Personal Information in an Appropriate Manner
We formulate written rules on the management of personal information, which includes clear stipulation on how we should acquire, use, provide, and entrust the management of personal information. Under the rules and chief of administrator for personal information, we manage personal information in an appropriate manner.
The Lawson Group obtains personal information only to the extent that is necessary to meet the purpose that has been clearly presented or notified to the relevant person or that has been publicly announced.
It is possible that we provide and disclose personal information to the Lawson group chain member stores or suppliers of products/goods of the Lawson Group. In this case, we obtain his or her consent in advance to provide a third party in scope of the purpose of use.
For the other cases, we never disclose or provide personal information to any third parties without obtaining his or her consent in advance, while this shall not apply to a case which personal information is handled by our suppliers in scope of the purpose of use and a case which permitted to access to personal information in laws and regulations.
If we provide personal information to a supplier, we enter into a confidentiality agreement with the supplier in which the supplier is obliged to protect the personal information concerned. We also monitor the supplier to ensure that it handles the personal information appropriately.
Unless laws and regulations permit, we never disclose or provide specific personal information to any third parties even if we obtain his or her consent.
- 2.We Implement Measures for the Security of Personal Information
- We take reasonable security measures to protect personal information from the risk of unauthorized access, loss, destruction, tampering, leakage and theft, and others.
- 3.We Comply with Applicable Laws, Regulations, and Other Rules
- We comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to personal information, and act in line with our internal regulations. We also conduct related education and awareness-raising activities for our directors, officers and employees.
- 4.We Continuously Improve the Compliance Program for the Protection of Personal Information
We formulate, implement, and maintain the Private Policy Compliance Program, and work continuously to improve it.
Enacted on September 1, 2010
Revised on May 30, 2017 in accordance with laws and regulations in Japan.